China Bulk Commodity Index (BCI) of 3/2017 is -0.47
As issued by China Commodity Data Group (SunSirs), Bulk Commodity Index (BCI) of 03/2017 is -0.47, with average rise of -4.35%. The data shows that China manufacturing economy is shrinking compared to last month.
Bulk Commodity Index(BCI) is the monthly index to monitor China macro-economy. Its mechanism is as follows:
1. Select 100 commodities which covers Oil, Energy, Petrochemicals, Textiles, Metals, Non-ferrous and mostly represent the above 8 industries
2. Count the rising number(RN) and the falling number (FN)
3. Calculate the value of BCI by the formular of
1. BCI>0 indicates that China manufacturing industry economy is expanding;
2. BCI=0 indicates that China manufacturing industry economy remains steady.
3. BCI<0 indicates that China manufacturing industry economy is shrinking.