China Bulk Commodity Index (BCI) of 1/2017 is 0.17
As issued by China Commodity Data Group (SunSirs), Bulk Commodity Index (BCI) of 01/2017 is 0.17, with average rise of 1.87%. The data shows that China manufacturing economy is expanding compared to last month.
Bulk Commodity Index(BCI) is the monthly index to monitor China macro-economy. Its mechanism is as follows:
1. Select 100 commodities which covers Oil, Energy, Petrochemicals, Textiles, Metals, Non-ferrous and mostly represent the above 8 industries
2. Count the rising number(RN) and the falling number (FN)
3. Calculate the value of BCI by the formular of
1. BCI>0 indicates that China manufacturing industry economy is expanding;
2. BCI=0 indicates that China manufacturing industry economy remains steady.
3. BCI<0 indicates that China manufacturing industry economy is shrinking.